Sunday, 12 April 2015

JUST AN IDEA?

I'm still finding stuff to sell on Ebay and have sold a nice brown Harris Tweed jacket which was quite smart but as I've already got other Harris Tweed jackets, I thought I could do without this one. I sold it for just over £36.00. Happy bunny. That made up for the stupid money I made ? on some other things, but at least I am banking a little in my PayPal which had gone very low. I really must look into transferring money from bank account to PayPal and reverse.

I've been out on the recumbent trike a few times this last couple of weeks and I really do intend to use it more, rather than it being a white elephant in the garage. Well, its model name is ANURA, which I believe is some sort of Australian frog? I did a nice little video of part of my ride to the shops but I'm not able to download it at the moment. The idea is, just to do a few short rides, to the shops, a couple of miles away, the scenic route if the ground isn't too muddy, for a coffee to Black Sheep Wools which is a bit further but more traffic, then maybe I can take a much longer route and go round my old circular route with good weather and a fair wind.

How about a scenic post in small phases of my Manx Coastal Walk? I did this in 1992 and 1993, the first time I had to back out at half way round because I broke my ankle when I just wobbled on a tussock of grass whilst carrying my backpack. The next year I was determined to have another go and so I did. Please comment yay or nay if you are reading this. The photos are a bit faded I've just noticed and are old film shots but I'm running short of things to post about at the moment.

Husband went to the Warfarin Clinic the other day and the levels were correct so no visit for three weeks. Thank heaven for that, it's really not worth him going into work at 12 noon. It does ensure he has a break though!

I've just finished, Game, Set and Match, a Len Deighton Spy trilogy. I feel quite lost now and will have to get some more as I'm on a roll for this type of stuff at the moment. I thought I had read 'Game' a while back as I certainly remembered the ending of it but when I decided to go back and refresh my memory, I only remember parts of it. Strange as I usually remember everything about books I read. I have a feeling I might have skipped some of the tedious bits!

Righty ho, it's my bed time now, time to sign out, no photos today as I really need some sleep, the cat kept us awake last night jumping on and off the bed, landing on husband's head, not good! Night night, and please do let me know what you think of the Isle of Man coastal path posts.

6 comments:

  1. Yay to the post about the Manx Coastal walk and how about telling us a bit more about your ankle like how on earth you managed to get help (were you carried back – do they have helpers with trucks?) Well done on the bike rides, coffee at Black Sheep Wools sounds idyllic. I’m still doing my daily (well almost daily) walks although I do award myself the odd day off as my poor old bones hurt a lot these days. The funny thing is if I don’t walk I feel really guilty so half the time I do it even when I should probably take it a bit easy. Have a great week, Barbara

    PS Your comment on my last post made me laugh – my husband watches drivel too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I did the walk with a friend and no it was not a supported one. I had to hobble on it until we reached Kirk Michael, it was a fair way, by which time it was black and blue. I will tell you all about it when I finally get around to scanning some photos.

      Delete
  2. YAY! (please)

    Well done with the ebay sale too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to scan a few photos before posting as they are all on film. As soon as I have a few to talk about, I'll post a few words about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see some of your old stuff. hope you have got back on the recumbent.
    Brenda in the Boro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda, I have been out a few times on the recumbent but to be honest at the moment I am struggling to find any free time. I'm trying to declutter (not toooooo much though) and visit my Mum, in between taking husband to hospital appointments. He can drive but the car parking situation is abominable so I drop him off and go and watch ducks. I hope you have a good time at Clitheroe, as I think it is this weekend. I did look into going but it was rather more than I wanted to pay at the moment and when I looked again it was fully booked. I'm going to a 'visit your yarn shop' day at my local Black Sheep Yarns on Saturday so that will keep me out of mischief.

      Delete