Tuesday, 27 January 2015

VISITING FRIENDS

This is a pretty photo starved blog but I don't have anything new.

Yesterday I went over to Poynton on the train to meet my friend who was down visiting her sister. She only comes down from Newcastle two or three times a year and so it was a good opportunity. We all had a good chat, a very tasty veggie bean/sausage casserole and some tangy mixed forest fruits and yoghourt. They gave me a life to the station, which was very nice as it's longer than you anticipate to walk and from getting on the train to changing at Piccadilly and walking to my car, it was an hour.

Today cost me £125 at the vets, as Merlin has been a bit poorly, going off his food lately. Then I changed his food to cooking chicken for him which he was eating. Then I realised his breath smelled rather badly and he was wanting to eat but it was painful. Well, the remaining teeth are mostly decayed and they need to come out. It will cost me a further £350 to have this done. Why did my husband not get Physics in the right grade to qualify as a vet, I believe he could have got into medical school but not veterinary college. The payment today was, a blood test, as he is 16, a painkiller injection and antibiotics, a long term injection. A bit of a shock! Almost the amount of my total pension payment for a month.

I hardly slept last night wondering if I was going to find him alive when I woke up, he seemed so poorly. I then lay awake worrying about everything possible in the world I could worry about. I know I had a nightmare and woke up shouting. Don't think husband heard me.

Anyway, here is a nice photo of him though. Well, I need to recover from that news about the cost, so will sign off here.

7 comments:

  1. Every time I pay a vet bill I love the NHS more! Hope the treatment does the trick for Merlin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true, thrift deluxe. Thank you, I do too. How do people go on who simply don't have the money and yet are not on any benefit that might qualify for that animal charity whose name I can't remember? There are lots like that. I'd be the same if I hadn't been a bit careful.

      Delete
  2. I believe it is the PDSA that may do that?
    People's Dispensary for Sick Animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so Bernard, you have to be on benefits to get help, I looked the other day thinking being old might qualify!

      Delete
  3. Dear Anne Marie, what a lovely surprise when I called in today! Thank you so much for mentioning my blog, I’m really thrilled by how much you liked the little gift.

    Thank you also for sending me ‘the housekeeper’ – I’ve nearly finished the book I’m reading so hope to get to it soon.

    I’m sorry I’ve not been over for a while, I was determined to take a rest during January, and that’s just what I did. I needed it as I’ve been rather unwell of late, feeling much better now although not ready to run a marathon!

    I’ve got lots to catch up to do on your blog but am not going to read it all at once. I want to make it last.

    Happy New Year and thank you again for the book, it was really very sweet of you.

    Love Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I'm so pleased you're feeling better for your break. I did pop over the other day to see if you were back but you did say January! I do hope you enjoy the book, it's a bit different, a bit ordinary in places but I hope you will admire her spirit! I'm reading a thriller based what appears to be finding ex Nazi war criminals. I wasn't going to read it but now can't put it down.

      Delete
    2. I know you enjoyed it, so I'm sure I will too. Thanks again and thank you for coming over to see me the other day, I'm busy catching up with comments and blogs and realising just how much I missed everyone. x

      Delete