Friday, 21 November 2014

BUSY TIMES

Hello there, I'm trying to keep up writing the blog as it makes me think what's going on in my life (which in essence, isn't very much in a constructed sense) and I love just clicking the keys and writing my comings and goings, rather like writing a book without it having to be published.

Our new grandchild is now a month old, as husband announced last night. I dragged him around to see her last night on the way back from a doctors appointment. He is always working and when he comes home from work it is late and he is tired and dirty. Has been working weekends too which has not helped, so whilst he was clean and under my control (ie I was driving) we visited. I think he was a little overawed by the tininess of Ellie, even though she was 8lbs born. Babies are very tiny, even normally sized ones.



















There we are pleasing both grandparents, Nanny Deena's bobble blanket and Nanny Anni's cardican.






























Husband has been ill from Monday night with Vertigo and this present attack seems to be worse than his previous attacks as by now they're usually gone. Doctor announces that she wants him to see ENT expert and see if it might be caused by inner ear, so has sent off for an appointment. Husband then told her he wondered if his heart was OK as he has been feeling tired and listless. To that end, appointments have been sent for for ECG and other tests. Looks like a long job. I hope they don't find anything as he works for himself and you know the score, no work no money. None of this benefit rubbish you just have to still pay the bills and mainly things like public liability insurance etc. with no money coming in from the business. The general public often think if you have a business you're wealthy but believe me, we haven't had a holiday in years, I used to go on my own when I was working but I haven't in 5 years.

On a more interesting note, I have been a little creative and made one Christmas present for a friend who is not a girly girl but likes blue. This is what I have made for her.




I also have started a blanket along the lines of Lucy's from Attic24. I wasn't going to but then curiosity overcame me and I started. This is where I have got to at moment.




I also wanted to do a little blanket from the blog of le Monde de Sucrette, a lady living in the Lebanon who produces beautiful coloured items of extremely creative crochet. Her home is full of this beauty, whilst she can hear in the distance the sounds of fighting and gunshots going on.

This is a lot more difficult than Lucy's pattern. It is a ripple but a more convoluted one and you have to concentrate really hard in the first two rows to 'set' the pattern, then you just need to count. I was determined to have a go at this. You do so many stitches but because of the peaks and troughs it seems to work out shorter.

I think that is all for now. I am trying frantically to make my Christmas list out. It is so difficult nowadays, people are a lot more sophisticated in their wants and it's not always easy to know what to get them. I refuse to go to the Trafford Centre at this time of the year because of the traffic but don't mind Manchester city centre, as I can get the train their and avoid it completely.

Until next time.
















I

4 comments:

  1. Hello Anne Marie, I wanted you to know I’m giving away some vintage books today (maybe something for Ellie?) just call over to my blog and leave a comment if you are interested in anything.
    I was really pleased to find a new post from you. I love getting news of your family, and little Ellie is gorgeous. I’m sorry to read about your husband. I do hope everything will be OK. Terry and I have worked for ourselves for years and know all about the problems of not being able to work. Public liability insurance is so expensive now. We used to have another insurance that would pay us a lump sum and a small amount a month in the event of either of us being ill, but we had to give it up as it was just so expensive.
    Good luck with that Christmas shopping! Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice of you to let me know, Barbara. Yes, forget sickness insurance when you work for yourself, in fact I believe it doesn't cover so many illnesses. So if you've had heart problems ....
      Ugh, Christmas shopping. I wish I could make them all but everyone doesn't appreciate home made items.

      Delete
  2. Hi Anne Marie, I've called in to let you know you are a winner in my giveaway can you please email me your address (there is an 'email me' link on the right hand side of the blog). I hope you and Ellie enjoy the gift. Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anne Marie, thank you so much for sending 'the housekeeper' I'm reading One Summer - America 1927 by Bill Bryson at the moment, but the housekeeper will be my very next read.
    Thank you very much for thinking of me. I hope all is well with you and all the family. Barbara x

    ReplyDelete