Thursday, 14 November 2013

MY HANDMADE SLIPPERS (POTHIES) HAVE ARRIVED

I can't remember if I wrote that I won a pair of Pothies on a Facebook Page draw. Like you mostly do, you enter a draw without any expectations of winning but just like to take part anyway.

A little while later, I just casually looked on the site concerned and there in print was MY NAME! I had won the pair of slippers. If any of you remember how excited I was when I won a camera, you can imagine what I was like. Not only are these slippers hand made, but they are unique, made from many strands of multi coloured yarn and crocheted. They are hand made in Wales and the link is Handmade Slippers - Pothies I hope this works as I've never inserted a link in text before so it is new to me.

Here are a couple of photos of the slippers:




There is a rubber substance on the bottom, with a gap for the instep, presumably to keep the slippers flexible. Don't you just love the colours? If you look back at my Wingspan scarf I knitted you will notice the yarn seems to have very similar colours, with the scarf having a bit more green in. Did I choose the yarn? No, just listed a few colours I liked. I couldn't have chosen nicer myself.

They arrived wrapped beautifully with a yarn cord, and lovely labels, in tissue paper, boxed and I couldn't wait to open the box! Thank you, Belinda for making me such a lovely prize!

I'm not writing any more today, just leaving you with the pictures of my Pothies!


7 comments:

  1. How wonderful! They look cosy slippers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, isn't it, Sarina. I still can't comment on your blog. I used to be subscribed but I am unable to leave a comment and when I click on 'subscribe' it comes up with a lot of rubbish which doesn't make any sense, no proper words etc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, they look both warm and comfy. I tried to visit the link but it wouldn't work - it could just be me so not to worry. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, I tried too and it didn't. If you are on Facebook and put the same information in, there is a group.
    Have you had a good break? Holiday? Nice to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for that I will have a look. Yes, holiday (there are a few pics on my blog), we met our son and family in Malaysia. They are back in Australia now, so we are feeling a little sad.
    I’ve just awarded your blog a Liebester Award, visit my blog to read the details. I hope you have fun with it. Barbara.

    ReplyDelete