Friday, 20 September 2013

VISIT TO THE VET

I said that Merlin was having some teeth out and I did everything as requested, starved him from 8pm, locked him at night before, prepared sandwiches the night before so I could just get up and run, so I wouldn't have to contend with loud yowling for his breakfast.

Last thing before leaving, I went into the garage, and Merlin heard the door open, and I think realised with everything else going on, that something was amiss! He shot off into the conservatory. I caught him but he then clung onto me like a limpet and the only way I could get him off was to let him go. He then ran upstairs and was about to go under the bed, never to be seen again, when I managed to get him. Poor cat, he was terrified. All the way to the vets he treated me to a long tirade of yowling, yelling and cat swearing. He told me exactly what he thought of me.

Well, I felt like a traitor when I left him. I duly collected a yowling, but a bit quieter cat at 4.30. He had had 4 teeth out. Not too bad, a bit disorientated and this morning he looked at the water dish as if he had no idea what it was. We managed to get a syringe of pain killer down him this morning and this evening. He had some cooked very finely chopped chicken.

I think I mentioned a few weeks ago I had something made for a friend of mine, who was 60 on the 9th September. I now can show you the pictures as she has obviously received it, it was her birthday whilst they were in Skye so I didn't see her face, but she was so delighted with the presents. I suppose I could have made it myself but I just wanted to have it ready. Next time, I will do one myself.


My friend's little dog. I really wanted the dog to be central but the guy who did it for me said he thought the eyes should be in the centre. I didn't really have time to ask him to change the sizing again so I left it. I'm probably just picky but it doesn't seem balanced to me.
















Isn't this lovely? She was thrilled to bits with it.

























































I'm still sorting out stuff to sell/charity shop. I have some cashmere jumpers, some of which were actually bought from a charity shop, and have decided to put them on Ebay,then I know that people will realise they have to be hand washed. Also, the cash will go towards the money I had to shell out for fuel when I was ferrying TH about. I also want to try to go to Berlin this Autumn, and will go towards that. However, I fear that it may be a bit late to be walking around Berlin. I once went in November and it was dismal, damp and grey. I wanted to go this year as next year I will be 70 and it seems like an awful age and you don't know what will happen in the meantime. That sounds very negative but I get these moments. There has been such a lot I've not done for years because of TH's business I just hope everything is not too late.

I was having this clear-out of woollies as we seem to have a problem with moths this year in the UK. One thing is that we have more clothes, so the ones we have are used less and as you wouldn't (or at least I wouldn't) wear a woollie jumper once then wash it, it gets put back in the wardrobe/drawer and maybe forgotten. Then Mr and Mrs Moth decide to make babies and lay eggs and there you have it, holes in your best knitwear and woollen fabric.

Again, no bike riding because weather in between going to Mums hasn't been great. I will really have to get my act together.

I've been watching the Tour of Britain on TV when I can. The stage from Stoke on Trent to Llanberis was very exciting towards the end when Mark Cavendish surprised by coming from really far back, the bunch were behind, to then winning. Great stuff, very thrilling.

I can't think of anything else to say, so I'm going to sign out here, hope you all have a nice weekend and I hope Sarina has a good holiday. I hadn't realised she was going away.



























2 comments:

  1. Have a lovely week yourself. Off to the airport tomorrow morning. I`m hoping to blog throughout the week from Marrakech, if we can get good internet connection in our Riad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think about the lovely spicy chick pea thingies you will be able to eat Sarina.

    ReplyDelete